A Star is Bored was the tenth episode in the second season of Happy Days, and also, the 26th overall series episode. Written by Bobby Boswell, the episode, directed by Jerry Paris, aired originally on ABC-TV on December 3, 1974.
Richie, Potsie, and Ralph plan to mount a production of Hamlet to raise money for baseball uniforms. When they are unable to get a celebrity to play the lead role, they persuade Fonzie to take the part.
Richie, Potsie, and Ralph need new uniforms for their baseball team and want to get a big celebrity to play the title role in their upcomming fundraiser production of Hamlet. When they can't get a big name to play the part, Fonzie agrees to do it.
- Ron Howard as Richie Cunningham
- Henry Winkler as Fonzie
- Tom Bosley as Howard Cunningham
- Marion Ross as Marion Cunningham
- Anson Williams as Potsie Weber
- Erin Moran as Joanie Cunningham
- Don Most as Ralph Malph (credited as Donny Most)
- Beatrice Colen as Marsha Simms
- Britt Leach as Reverend Harlan
- Alice Nunn as Mrs. Stewart
- Ronnie Schell as Monty Miller