Invasion of the Mork Snatchers the 25th episode from the second season of Mork & Mindy, also the 50th overall episode in the series. Co-written by Tom Tenowich and Ed Scharlach, the episode, which was directed by Howard Storm, originally aired on ABC-TV on March 20, 1980.
Mork becomes consumed with being a consumer, and he grows so obsessed with commercials that they invade his dreams.
Mork, naive to the power of advertising, is exposed to all sorts of TV blurbs, becoming a buyaholic who talks in slogans and dreams a hilarious adventure in which he is pursued by characters from the day's popular commercials. Mork's vulnerability becomes Mindy's problem as he exhibits the symptoms of addiction, and she explains to him the purpose and value of the advertising medium.
- Another nod to The Wizard of Oz with his friends appearing as other characters in a nightmare.
- In this episode, Mork comes home with a copy of Superman: The Movie magazine. In real life, Robin Williams (Mork) and Christopher Reeve (Superman) had been college roommates and remained lifelong friends.
- Mork: Mindy, I've never been exposed to advertising before.
- Mindy: I thought you picked up our TV signals up on Ork.
- Mork: Well, we do, but we're not stupid. We divert the commercials to other planets! That's why all the UFOs come here; they're coming here to shop.
- Mork: Oh [heavy sigh]]... here I am in a media society, forced to sit on my ads.
- Mork: What are you watching?
- Mr. Bickley: "Invasion of the Body Grabbers"! The original and scarier version!
- Mork: What is it about?
- Mr. Bickley: About alien beings that come down to earth.
- Mork: Oh, a documentary!
- Robin Williams as Mork
- Pam Dawber as Mindy McConnell
- Jay Thomas as Remo DaVinci
- Tom Poston as Mr. Bickley
- Jim Staahl as Nelson Flavor (credited only)
- Crissy Wilzak as Glenda Faye Comstock (credited only)
- Ralph James as Voice of Orson
- Samantha Harper as Mrs. L.W.
- Sheryl Bolt as Gooball Saleswoman
- Alice Borden as Floor Wax Saleswoman
- Terrence E. McNally as Laxative Salesman (as Terrence McNally)
- Gavin Muir as Boy