| "Love and the Happy Days |
(alternate title: Love and the Happy Days / Love and the Newscasters)"
| Season N/A (3 on "LAS"), Episode #22, on "LAS" |
(#N/A) in series
|Series:||Love, American Style|
|Guest Star(s):||Ron Howard |
|Original airdate||February 25, 1972|
|IMDB|| Love and the Happy Days |
(alternate title: Love and the Happy Days / Love and the Newscasters)
|← Previous||Next →|
|N/A, original pilot for Happy Days||"All the Way" (Happy Days pilot)|
Love and the Happy Days was a segment of the episode of the ABC-TV series Love, American Style which was titled "Love and the Happy Days / Love and the Newscasters", which aired on ABC-TV on February 25, 1972. Written by Garry Marshall, the segment would later, in the summer of 1973, along with the box-office success of the George Lucas directed blockbuster 1950's teen comedy film American Graffiti (which co-starred Ron Howard, Cindy Williams, Richard Dreyfuss, Suzanne Somers, and a then 13-year-old MacKenzie Phillips) serve as inspiration for Marshall to develop an idea for a new sitcom series based upon the characters from the episode, which would become Happy Days, as it was picked up by ABC-TV in late 1973, and air in early 1974. The episode introduced Richie Cunningham (Ron Howard), Richie's mother Marion (Marion Ross), and other characters that were spun off into the television series Happy Days. (Only Williams, Howard, and Ross reprised their roles for the spin-off).
The Cunninghams, an American family in the mid 1950s in Milwaukee, Wiscosin, gets their first television. The teenage son Ritchie and his friend Potsie assume it can be used as a chick magnet. This was a precursor to the Happy Days series.
- Ron Howard as Richie Cunningham
- Marion Ross as Marion Cunningham
- Anson Williams as Warren "Potsie" Weber
- Harold Gould as Howard Cunningham
- Susan Neher as Joanie Cunningham
- Nellie Burt as Grandma Cunningham
- Ronda Copland as Teresa
- Virginia Gregg as Mrs. Nestrock
- Sheila Jo Guthrie as Corrine Delarosa
- Ric Carrott as Chuck Cunningham
- Jackie Coogan as Uncle Harold
- Peggy Rea as Aunt Bessie
- ↑ Love, American Style: Love and the Happy Days/Love and the Newscasters. IMDb. Retrieved on 2011-08-03.
- ↑ Happy Days. IMDb. Retrieved on 2011-08-03.